Coordinator, Building Services
Under the direction and guidance of the Manager, Housing Services the Building Services Coordinator oversees day-to-day building maintenance, repairs, installations, space utilization, and program moving and delivery processes. The Coordinator provides leadership, guidance, and supervision, and is responsible for aspects of human resources and labour relations. This position helps to develop, implement, and evaluate procedures and practices related to building services.
- Residential Building Maintenance Worker Certificate or Building Service Worker Certificate
- First Aide Certificate.
- Five (5) year’s related experience, plus Two (2) year’s in a supervisory/ management role.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of budgetary and financial administration
- Knowledge of carpentry and building maintenance
- Knowledge of appliance maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Proficient computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment including safe operation of hand and power tools.
- Ability to organize work.