Licensed Practical Nurse
The Casual Licensed Practical Nurse implements the residential care plans for each resident at our and performs all general nursing duties to enhance the physical, mental, and social care of the residents within the LPN scope of practice.
- Licensed Practical Nurse Diploma with practicing membership in L.P.N.A.B.C.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificates.
- Two years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in mental health support and resident care.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to take initiative, and to organize and prioritize
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and in a changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who have experienced abuse, poverty, and/or family violence, addictions issues, AIDS, and other life-limiting illnesses, mental illness, and multiple losses.
- Ability to take into account and address the real barriers that people face because of discrimination and unequal access to resources
- Good leadership skills.
- Knowledge of psychosocial/mental health recovery models.
- Ability to develop, organize, coordinate, deliver, and evaluate individual and group activities.