Support St. James
In order to sustain our commitment to our mission, we need your help! We have devoted ourselves and all of our resources to offering aid and assistance to those who are in need, especially to those bypassed by the normal channels of charitable assistance. However, with increasing needs and finite resources, we need help from those who have something extra special to share.
There are a variety of ways you can support St. James:
- Make an online donation to St. James through Canada Helps.
- Make a commitment to St. James by becoming a Monthly Donor.
- Make a one time financial contribution to St. James.
- Make a Planned Gift.
- Give of your time by becoming one of our valued volunteers.
- Participate in one of our fundraising events.
- Invite St. James to give a presentation at a meeting of your organization, trade association, or community group.
- Host a small group of friends and contacts in your home for a screening of one of our videos profiling the programs and services offered by St. James.
- Include information about St. James in corporate newsletters, advertisements and other communications.
- Volunteer your professional expertise to assist us (current needs include graphic design and market research).
- Tell your co-workers that monetary gifts may be designated to St. James Community Service Society through the United Way, or suggest making payroll deductions available at your workplace.
- In lieu of birthday, holiday, memorial, milestone, and incentive gifts, make a contribution to St. James to honour family members, friends, employees and customers.
- Research grant opportunities available through your employer and/or sponsor St. James' application for funding.
- Host a garage sale, raffle, tournament, barbeque or other fundraising event with the proceeds benefiting St. James.
- Sponsor a client/resident through sustained monthly giving.
You are helping to ensure that each individual who comes to St. James Community Service Society, now and in the future, is able to receive the support and service they need. Please join us in our campaign to help people in the most need.
St. James adheres to the Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability Code, which lays out a set of standards for charitable organizations to manage and report their financial affairs responsibly. By adhering to these standards, we are complying with generally accepted practices for soliciting and managing donor dollars.